Sunday, September 5, 2010

Letters to the Queen.

As part of Bronte's multi media assignment she has been using text and images from old Readers Digest magazines and reconstructing them to create new meaning. As she was flipping through the pages she stumbled across a double spread entitled "Letters to the Queen". The magazine had gathered letters children had written to the Queen on one of her trips to Australia. They made me laugh.

"Dear Queen,
do you have bacon and eggs for breakfast?
Belinda"

"Dear Queen, i hope none of your granadeir guards have fainted, love from Scott"

"Is there a point at the top of your castle?
Have your clothes got buttons?
Do you get pocket money?
Kane Mcdnough"

"I love my self and the Queen and my Mum.Todd"

"Your Majesty, the Queen,
I hope you are happy and i want to be a queen like you and i got long hair
and i am pretty just like you, love from Vicki"

"Dear Queen Elizabeth,
why are you so rich? why are you so important?
Love from Matthew"

"Have they got brownies in buckingham palace?"

"Do you like living in the palace? I barrack for the Tigers, do you? love Matthew"

"Could you bring me some money because my brother has more then me. Have you got a silk cloak? if you have two silk cloaks could you please bring me one. Love Matthew"

"I hope you are well. If you are sick, take some tablets. From Jason Brodbrouk"

It's funny what we think is important as kids...In saying that i'm not sure i get it right even now. There are some months i spend more money on my clothing and extra fast growing super lengthening shampoo than the growth of the gospel. More time getting ready in the morning than time in God's word. More thought on what people are thinking of how i look than how good i am making Jesus look. While i imagine the Queen giggled at these kids sharing such contextually unimportant concerns, i wonder what God thinks of my unnecessary, unuseful and unfaithful concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment